What To Expect
Be Prepared for Your Surgery and Beyond
Getting ready for surgery should leave you feeling confident, informed, and reassured about your procedure. You’ve got questions, and we’ve got answers. As a patient at Anna Jaques Hospital, you’ll have ongoing access to our team of orthopedic experts and support from our specially trained staff. This is your surgery, and we’re here to empower you.
This is a non-exhaustive list of steps you can expect to take prior to your procedure:
- Gather your medical information for your pre-admission testing screening
- Allergies, medications, any implanted devices, medical history
- Complete a pre-surgical assessment
- Come in for diagnostics and blood work
- Pre-admission testing screening
- Make post-surgery arrangements in advance
- Stock up on food, prepare your home, fill your medications, arrange for someone to drive you to and from your appointment on the day of your surgery
- Consult with your surgeon and closely follow any instructions given to you for the day of your procedure
Recovery is just as important as surgery itself, and that’s why your care team will continue to assist you while you heal. To restore your mobility and ensure the best possible outcome following surgery, you’ll work with our physical therapists on a regular basis as directed by your doctor. Because there’s no one-size-fits-all approach to health care, you’ll also receive a customized physical therapy regimen that caters to your individual needs.
Everybody deserves exceptional care, and that’s exactly what you’ll get here.