- Through the vision and charity of Miss Anna Jaques, the hospital was established in 1884 with a $25,000 gift.
- 123-bed, independent, community hospital serving the North Shore, Merrimack Valley and Seacoast area region.
- Private rooms for nearly every patient who stays overnight for enhanced comfort and healing.
- Recognized for providing high quality care at a lower cost, and a superior patient experience.
- Clinically affiliated with Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in Boston – a Harvard teaching hospital.
- 1,200 employees and more than 200 physicians on staff
- 10,000+ inpatient and observation discharges annually
- 700+ babies born each year
- 4,700 surgeries performed annually
- 31,000+ adults and children seen in the Emergency Department each year (Level III Trauma Center)
- Named “150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare” by Becker’s Hospital Review in 2016 & 2017; only one of four MA hospitals and the only MA community hospital
Anna Jaques Hospital is an independent, not-for-profit community hospital serving the Merrimack Valley, North Shore and Southern New Hampshire.
Our mission is to provide measurably high quality medical care, in alliance with our medical staff. Anna Jaques is recognized for delivering high quality community health care at a lower cost, with an emphasis on patient satisfaction. The hospital is clinically affiliated with Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center (BIDMC), a Boston academic medical center and major teaching hospital of Harvard Medical School.
Anna Jaques Hospital at a Glance:
What’s New at AJH?
Investments in Cutting Edge Technologies: Anna Jaques introduced two new technologies to our community, and invested $1.5 million in 3D Mammography and $1.1 million in MAKO(TM) robotic-arm assisted system for partial knee and total hip procedures.
Expanded Services & Programs: AJH introduced and grew existing programs to better serve our patients including Interventional Radiology, Pulmonary Medicine and Rehabilitation and Shields MRI and PET/CT Services
Strengthening Clinical Affiliation: Our clinical affiliation with Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center (BIDMC) continues to bring more specialty care closer to home with services such as the Anna Jaques Cancer Center affiliated with BIDMC and the Thoracic Clinic affiliated with BIDMC.
Awards & Accreditation
Anna Jaques Hospital efforts to provide a superior patient experience with high quality medical care are frequently reaffirmed with accreditation and recognition. In 2016, Anna Jaques was recognized as one of 150 organizations in the nation listed by Becker’s Hospital Review as,”150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare.” We were one of only four Massachusetts hospitals to be recognized, and the only Massachusetts community hospital selected.
Learn more about our core values, history, and namesake.Learn More Mission & History
See what's happening with Anna Jaques Hospital in the press.Learn More News & Events
Read about our valuable partnership with this respected institution.Learn More Beth Israel Deaconess
Anna Jaques will soon join the proposed new integrated health system.Learn More Beth Israel Lahey Health
0Learn More Haverhill Medical Offices
Meet the management team who are leading us to new heights.Learn More Leadership
Meet the physician leaders who help oversee the high quality care provided at Anna Jaques.Learn More Medical Staff Leadership
Learn about our trustees who guide our hospital as it delivers on its mission.Learn More Board of Trustees
Come work with us! See our job postings.Learn More Careers
We're here to help.Learn More Contact Us