Transformational change is underway for healthcare in Massachusetts, and Anna Jaques is thrilled to be a part of it.
On May 12, 2017, after months of evaluation and deliberation, the Anna Jaques Hospital Board of Trustees announced our intent to become a founding member of the proposed new health system being formed between Anna Jaques, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Lahey Health, New England Baptist Hospital, and Mount Auburn Hospital.
This proposed system will be called Beth Israel Lahey Health. The system name captures the essence of an integrated system that encompasses both community and academic health care services, and capitalizes on the broad recognition of signature brands spanning from Southern New Hampshire to Cape Cod. Anna Jaques Hospital, as well as the other member hospitals, will retain their individual names, which all hold their own well-deserved status within their regions and are essential components of the system’s future success.
The system unites leading health care organizations to deliver all the extraordinary care our communities need and deserve, and creates an impactful, market-based solution to Massachusetts’ unsustainable health care costs.
Together, we will create an integrated health care system that:
• Provides high-quality, lower cost care close to where our patients live and work
• Invests in and strengthens local hospitals and community-based care
• Works to keep our patients healthy and care for them in their communities
• Advances the science and practice of medicine by investing in research and education
• Embraces a new model of care that helps contain rising health care costs
For an overview of our new system, click here.
Below is recap of how this decision came to be, and what it will mean for our future and the health of our patients and community.