Prenatal Education & Mother & Baby Support Groups
Due to the current public health risks we are unable to hold our in person prenatal classes. We plan to reevaluate our in class opportunities once the state is declared to be in "Phase 4". For in person classes specifically, please feel free to reach back out at that time for more information.
We currently offer the following online classes. These classes are done independently at your own pace. They are accessible online for 6 months from the date that you begin them.
- Online Prepared Childbirth ($75)
- Online Infant Safety ($50)
- Online Breastfeeding ($50)
- Online Newborn Care ($50)
All of our online classes include complimentary weekly Zoom Q&A sessions with our dedicated prenatal education nurses Tuesdays from 5-6pm. Once you are registered in your online class(es) you have free access to these sessions as long as needed.
To register, email email@example.com with a list of the classes you would like to partake in. You can then make payment by calling the Cashier’s Office at 978-463-1390 (Mon-Fri, 9-3), and the registration link(s) will be emailed to you within 72 hours of payment.
For car seat safety/installation: Contact Officer Dave Clark by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a phone call or Zoom meeting to meet and discuss.
For Infant CPR: please find information on ordering a home learning kit, click here.
Infant Massage and Sibling Preparation, unfortunately we are unable to offer these classes at this time. We hope that you are doing well during what is sure to be a challenging time.
Mother & Baby Support Groups
In order to keep our patients and staff healthy we are temporarily suspending Mother Baby Support Groups. We recognize how valuable these support groups are to our new mothers and therefore have taken the following steps to help to meet these needs in other ways.
- Weekly one hour online groups hosted by an RN certified in lactation: Thursdays at 4pm. Register in advance: www.tinyurl.com/ajhThursday
- Telehealth consults are available through our lactation RN’s, as well as in-person outpatient appointments for urgent issues. Please call 978-463-1060 to schedule an appointment.
- Contact Zipmilk at www.zipmilk.org if you are seeking one-on-one lactation support in your own home.
Social Support and Mental Health
- Adjusting to new motherhood can be challenging and adjusting while socially distancing yourselves from family, friends and support groups is extra hard. We will be increasing our postpartum phone calls to new moms. A nurse trained in access to local resources will call all new moms within 1-2 weeks of delivery. If you have not received a call yet and would like to reach out proactively for a phone call from a nurse, call 978-463-1060 to let us know and we will have someone return your call within 48-hours.
- For mothers who are struggling with anxiety and depression, you are not alone. Postpartum Support International is an organization that can connect you with free online support.
Learn more at www.postpartum.net/get-help/psi-online-support-meetings/
Project Promise: Online support for pregnant and parenting moms in recovery
Offers individual clinical and peer support using calls, texts and the Zoom platform. They are also offered a virtual support group via Zoom which will continue for any enrolled women who are interested. Now accepting new enrollments which may be done by phone. To make a referral, please contact Intake and Services Coordinator, Jennifer Quintana by phone/text at 781-974-7787 or by email at email@example.com
- AJH Mom Support – a community run group started by mothers who met at the AJH Mother Baby Support groups. Great resource to connect with local moms in the community: Search “AJH Mom Support Group” on Facebook and request to join.
- Tips for Coping with a New Baby During COVID-19
- Questions about COVID19?