Mother & Baby Support Groups: COVID-19 Update
Mother & Baby Support Groups
In order to keep our patients and staff healthy we are temporarily suspending Mother Baby Support Groups. We recognize how valuable these support groups are to our new mothers and therefore have taken the following steps to help to meet these needs in other ways.
- Bi-weekly one hour online groups hosted by an RN certified in lactation:
- We are dedicating 10am-12pm Monday-Friday for phone support. If you have a quick question or need basic breastfeeding support, please call 978-463-1060 to schedule a phone appointment during these allotted times. The lactation consultant will then call you back between 10am and 12pm on the scheduled day.
- Telehealth consults are available through our lactation RN’s. Please call 978-463-1060 to schedule an appointment.
- Contact Zipmilk at www.zipmilk.org if you are seeking one-on-one lactation support in your own home.
Social Support and Mental Health:
- Adjusting to new motherhood can be challenging and adjusting while socially distancing yourselves from family, friends and support groups is extra hard. We will be increasing our postpartum phone calls to new moms. A nurse trained in access to local resources will call all new moms within 1-2 weeks of delivery. If you have not received a call yet and would like to reach out proactively for a phone call from a nurse, call 978-463-1060 to let us know and we will have someone return your call within 48-hours.
- For mothers who are struggling with anxiety and depression, you are not alone. Postpartum Support International is an organization that can connect you with free online support.
Learn more at www.postpartum.net/get-help/psi-online-support-meetings/
Project Promise: Online support for pregnant and parenting moms in recovery
Offers individual clinical and peer support using calls, texts and the Zoom platform. They are also offered a virtual support group via Zoom which will continue for any enrolled women who are interested. Now accepting new enrollments which may be done by phone. To make a referral, please contact Intake and Services Coordinator, Jennifer Quintana by phone/text at 781-974-7787 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- AJH Mom Support – a community run group started by mothers who met at the AJH Mother Baby Support groups. Great resource to connect with local moms in the community: Search “AJH Mom Support Group” on Facebook and request to join.
- Tips for Coping with a New Baby During COVID-19
- Questions about COVID19?