COVID-19 Visitor Guidelines & Policy
Effective June 15, 2022
Anna Jaques Hospital has taken a number of steps to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in order to keep our patients and staff safe. Please review our updated visitor policy below. Additional COVID-19 resources, including information on testing and vaccination, can be found here.
We understand the importance of being able to visit a patient while they are in the hospital; however, we have put temporary visitor limitations in place to help protect everyone from COVID-19. Thank you for your cooperation during this time.
Exceptions to the visitor policy may be granted on a case-by-case basis by the care team.
- Patients may have two (2) visitors at a time during visiting hours.
- Visiting hours are 12:00 pm - 8:00 pm, seven days a week.
Obstetric Units (Labor and Delivery, Antepartum, Postpartum)
- Please note that “support persons” may be with the patient at any time. “Visitors” are subject to hospital visiting policies and hours.
- Labor and Delivery — Two (2) support persons (one if the patient is positive for COVID-19)
- Postpartum — One (1) support person. Patients may have two (2) visitors at a time during visiting hours 12:00 pm–2:00 pm and 4:00 pm–8:00 pm. Children under the age of 12 are not permitted unless they are visiting their parent or new sibling.
- Requests for swapping out support people will be considered on a case-by-case basis by the Director in collaboration with the Obstetric providers.
- Your support person must wear a mask at all times while in the hospital, especially while staff are present in the room.
- For babies in the Neonatal Care Center — Parents are welcome at any time. One visitor with banded parent 12:00 pm–2:00 pm and 4:00 pm–8:00 pm. Please check with nursing staff prior to visiting to ensure space is available. No children under the age of 18 may enter Neonatal Care Center.
Ambulatory and Procedural Areas
- Each patient may have two (2) essential escorts or support persons.
- Limited visitation on the inpatient adult psychiatric unit (2 North) will begin April 4, 2022 and should be coordinated through the nurses station.
- Patients may have two (2) visitors at a time.
General Visiting Hours
12:00 pm - 8:00 pm daily