Anna Jaques was voted #1 Physical Therapy Program in the 2019 Wicked Local Readers Choice Awards. This is the first time the PT program has been recognized in this annual awards program, which is selected by Wicked Local readers.
Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation Services
Voted #1 Physical Therapy Program
When you need physical, occupational or speech therapy, convenience is important since you may need multiple visits. If you require more than one of these therapies you’ll want the convenience of having them all under one roof. Yet you also need expert therapists, ones that are specially trained to treat your condition. Anna Jaques Hospital is proud to serve the needs of greater Newburyport, the North Shore and Seacoast region with comprehensive, outpatient therapy at one convenient site with appointments that fit your schedule.
Our therapists are highly trained and experienced, frequently attending continuing education courses to bring the latest treatment techniques back to our clinic. Anna Jaques therapists treat conditions in a wide range of areas, including:
- Orthopedics and Sports Medicine: Our therapists treat patients with a variety of acute and chronic conditions, as well as post-surgical patients. They also have close working relationships with orthopedic surgeons in the area.
- Women's Health Physical Therapy: Refers to a specialized form a therapy to address a wide range of problems unique to the pelvic floor that often occur during pregnancy, after the delivery of a baby, during menopause or after surgery such as a hysterectomy. Our specially-trained professionals provide one-on-one, personalized care for women of all ages in a supportive environment.
- Neurologic Rehabilitation: Our skilled Physical, Occupational and Speech therapists are experienced in treatment of neurological injuries including but not limited to stroke, multiple sclerosis, Parkinson’s Disease, head Injury, balance disorders and falls.
- Lymphedema: Refers to excessive swelling of one or two arms or legs frequently associated with cancer treatment. Experienced therapists treat this condition with appropriate therapeutic techniques including massage, compression bandaging, and exercise.
- Vestibular Rehabilitation: Trained therapists are skilled in restoring function to the balance systems. Conditions treated are vertigo, dizziness, disequilibrium and gait disorders.
- Aquatic Therapy: Available at the warm water pool of the YWCA of Greater Newburyport at 13 Market Street in Newburyport. The supportive and resistive properties of water allow safe and effective therapy that maximizes muscle and joint function.
Anna Jaques Physical Therapy & Rehabilitation Services now offers expanded hours to fit your needs.
See details about our locations and hours below.
This will ensure timely insurance authorization for your therapy. Please arrive 15 minutes early for your first appointment and wear comfortable clothes that allow easy movement.