Women's Health PT and Rehabilitation Services
Restore Your Health, Confidence, and Dignity
Women’s Health Pelvic Floor Rehabilitation addresses the unique issues and concerns experienced by women of all ages. A specially trained Physical Therapist will provide a comprehensive, private, and compassionate evaluation to understand your symptoms, and help provide treatment to improve and enhance your quality of life.
Diagnosis and Symptoms May Include:
- Urinary Incontinence
- Pelvic Floor Prolapse
- Pelvic pain; muscle weakness/tightness
- Sexual pain or discomfort
- Pre- and Post-natal low back pain or joint dysfunctions
- Injury from trauma, surgery or complicated labor
What to Expect on Your First Visit?
Your physical therapist will take an extensive history to get to know you and best understand the condition in which you are seeking treatment for. They will evaluate the musculature in the pelvis and surrounding areas, such as the hips, spine, and abdomen. You will collaborate with your physical therapist to decide what the best treatment plan is for you. Your comfort and consent are highly respected and valued throughout your plan of care.
Insurance: Your insurance will likely cover your treatment but prior authorization and insurance referral by your physician may be necessary along with orders for physical therapy.
Treatment sessions: Typically, a treatment visit will be 1 hour, 1-2 times per week. Your independence with a program at home is the ultimate goal. The frequency at which you come in may change throughout your plan of care, depending how you progress.
Women Struggle with Symptoms of Pelvic Floor Issues Most Often:
- During pregnancy (pre-natal) or after the delivery of a baby
- During Menopause
- After a Hysterectomy
How Can Women's PT Help You?
- Do you notice an involuntary loss of urine when you cough, sneeze, laugh, jump or lift heavy objects?
- Is it hard to control the urge to urinate?
- Is sex painful?
- Do you suffer from low back, low abdominal or hip pain following a hysterectomy or after the birth of your child?
Women's Health PT is available at our Storey Ave. location in Newburyport.
To schedule an appointment or ask a question, please call 978-499-2370.